Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing for Mechanical Design Third Edition
I am pleased to announce that the third edition of this book, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing for Mechanical Design, has been released.
This latest revision has several improved features over the previous edition:
- It is written in compliance with the most recent tolerancing standard, ASME Y14.5–2018
- The format is almost 25% larger than the second edition
- Most of the drawings have been redrawn and enlarged to fit the new format
- A second color has been added to emphasize important aspects of the drawings
- Additional material and more problems have been included in this text
- The problem drawings and the problem questions/statements are on the same page
This book was written primarily for the learner who is new to the subject of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T). Because GD&T is such a complex subject, a variety of strategies have been incorporated to explain the subject and to reinforce the learning process.
- To teach the graphic language of GD&T in a way that the learner can easily understand and use in practical applications
- To be used as a textbook in colleges, universities, community colleges, technical schools, and corporate training programs
- To be used as a supplement to engineering, design, manufacturing, inspection, and CAD/CAM curricula.
This book can be used in a variety of ways:
- As a stand-alone text to teach the complete subject of GD&T
- As a source for instructors to select appropriate material for an abbreviated course
- As supplementary material for other courses, such as mechanical engineering, tool design, CAD/CAM, machining practices, and mechanical inspection
- As a self-study program
- As a reference text. This book is logically organized to facilitate learning and to easily find specific topics of interest
Click here for:
- A preview of Chapter One
- Purchase at Amazon.com
- Answers to "Chapter Review Questions" and "Problems."
- For Midterm and Final Examinations and the Answers contact the author.